Precautions & follow-up care
of IPL treatment
- Do not go sunbathing or to any solarium at least 6 weeks before the IPL treatment.
The lighter the skin, the more effective the treatment.
- Do not go to the sauna or swimming pool / whirlpool 24 hours before the treatment to avoid skin irritations caused by chlorine.
- Don’t pluck or wax the body hair 4 to 6 weeks before the IPL treatment, only shaving is permitted.
- Please shave the parts of the body to be worked on 1 – 2 days before the IPL treatment.
- Do not apply any self-tanning cream or bleaching cream.
- Do not take any medicines which make the skin photosensitive (light-sensitive).
- Do without deodorant, creams and make-up earlier on the day of the treatment.
- Do not go to the sauna or swimming pool / whirlpool for 24 hours after the treatment to avoid skin irritations caused by chlorine.
- If need be, cool the treated area (cooling packs, chilled towels)
- You can take a shower or wash yourself without any problems after the IPL treatment.
- Please do not use any scented soap or shower gel.
- Do not use a face mask or body-peeling substances.
- For at least 3 days after the IPL treatment do not use any products with parfume in the armpits and genital area.
- Please use a cream with a high light protection factor for your day care.
- During the entire treatment period, just shave the hair that is falling off or the one that is growing again.
- After 2 days you can use blemish control cream or make-up again.
- Skin reddening, swellings, feeling of warmth, sensitiveness as well as itching can temporarily occur in the treated areas immediately after the IPL treatment.
Should this refuse to disappear after 2 days at the latest, then inform us immediately.